Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)
 
HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Disturbing Moments?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PSuzuki
Black Cat


Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Disturbing Moments?   Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 am

Okay, since we have a topic on the SCARIEST things we have seen in the game, how about one for the things that creep us out more than they frighten us?

Here's mine, as an example.
>>>

When visiting the Internet Cafe Room as Rin, I suddenly realized that something was wrong with this setup; we were in a locked room where someone died, the dead person in question was on the internet alone, he had with him inside of a locked box pieces to a (very creepy) child-sized doll, that had no clothes...

Shocked

I had to turn off the game for awhile after that one.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat


Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 am

After my first encounter with the Woman In Red, I turned the game off to check the inbox on my Wii. I always liked receiving those pictures and I did receive a picture but also a red envelope. I opened the red envelope and the message inside was "I found you." I found that disturbing simply because it seemed like it directed right at me.

I turned off my Wii, went to bed and had the most weird dream. Not Calling related but I blame the Woman in Red for the dream.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun May 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Most disturbing thing....well, I always dreaded being in the hospital. My imagination supplied me with notions of cruel experiments being carried out on patients and stuff (even if it actually was a hospital, all of that was because it is now haunted). The first time I went there there were medical instruments all around me, a table with straps on it, and that pretty severely gave me the heebie jeebies. The part where you're in the hospital cooking room and looking at that weird door or chute (that is sometimes dented, and sometimes not, depending on whose chapter I guess) is creepy. I imagined a ghost coming up from behind, pushing me down it, and I'd land in the morgue.

The doll parts creep me out too, though....I always get creeped out in that house. The wind's blowing hard outside, there are dolls everywhere, and the black hair....

Actually, the most disturbing thing I saw was in the hotel. It was as Makoto, I opened a cabinet, and there was the ghost of a child upside-down there. I saw the Japanese word that was there when he disappeared ("I'm falling") and I felt a little sick.

pale
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator


Posts : 519
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 26
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue May 04, 2010 9:52 am

I was about to lock this because the title was too similar to the other "Scariest Moment in the Game?" one, so I'll just change the title to "Disturbing Moments" as to not cause confusion.

The child in the cabinet was very disturbing, though I didn't notice how it said "I'm falling"

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue May 04, 2010 4:22 pm

That hotel room... Man, why did the creators of the game jam-pack lots of creepy things in that location?! First the child in the cabinet, the creepy time that the alarm clock stopped at (4:44), the Bowler Hat Woman in the peephole, the hand prints on the make-up bureau...

But the one thing that creeped me out the most was the white body in the closet. It's right across from the bathroom door; you open it, and see nothing, but once you exit Search mode a white figure falls from the other side of the closet to the open side. I stood there for a good 2 minutes trying to shake the heebie jeebies out of me
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue May 04, 2010 4:59 pm

After the child in the cabinet disappears, there are words on the bottom of it in Japanese that, I am pretty sure, say "I'm falling" or "I'll fall". I see words like that sometimes, and usually I read them, but sometimes they're too small or I don't understand what they mean. Uh...everyone else has seen words written on stuff in the game right? It's not just me? Shocked
(Just kidding).

Oh, yes, the unlucky and misfortune time 4:44. I wasn't sure why it was creepy but then I remembered that four, in Japanese, is a number associated with death and misfortune. It's "Shi" (Death) in Japanese, so usually people say "yon", which also means four. Here's some trivia. 13 is a lucky number in Japan (and black is a lucky color, and my Japanese teacher has thirteen black cats cat ) and 8 is lucky in China (good year for the olympics in 2008) and Taiwan, and probably other Asia countries too.

But 4, 7, 9, are bad ones, and the combination "3" and "4" in Japanese (Shizan), means "still birth", so those numbers are apparently skipped in hospitals, similar to how the room number thirteen may be skipped in hotels in some countries. And I was taught to not give presents to my host families in Japan and Taiwan in groups of 4, 7, or 9, that were colored blue, purple, black, or white (death or mourning colors). Red and yellow are good.

I knew there was something wrong about that closet! I almost poked around in it but I'm glad I decided to leave it alone now....I wonder if I'd ever get brave enough to go look in that closet.... pale


Last edited by Serasia on Tue May 04, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat


Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Just curious, has anyone else had the phone in the hotel room ring? Happened to me twice. I think it was triggered because I went back to the hotel after leaving.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Jolly Doll wrote:
Just curious, has anyone else had the phone in the hotel room ring? Happened to me twice. I think it was triggered because I went back to the hotel after leaving.

I think I have, but just once, and I can't remember what happened or what was said. I should keep a game journal of events so I don't forget.

I know that nothing like the Grudge's "death rattle" or "meoww!" came through though....thankfully. What happened for the two calls you got Jolly Doll?
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator


Posts : 519
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 26
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Wed May 05, 2010 10:09 am

ARMOR15 wrote:
That hotel room... Man, why did the creators of the game jam-pack lots of creepy things in that location?! First the child in the cabinet, the creepy time that the alarm clock stopped at (4:44), the Bowler Hat Woman in the peephole, the hand prints on the make-up bureau...

But the one thing that creeped me out the most was the white body in the closet. It's right across from the bathroom door; you open it, and see nothing, but once you exit Search mode a white figure falls from the other side of the closet to the open side. I stood there for a good 2 minutes trying to shake the heebie jeebies out of me

I really need to play the game a fourth time Smile

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat


Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Serasia wrote:
Jolly Doll wrote:
Just curious, has anyone else had the phone in the hotel room ring? Happened to me twice. I think it was triggered because I went back to the hotel after leaving.

I think I have, but just once, and I can't remember what happened or what was said. I should keep a game journal of events so I don't forget.

I know that nothing like the Grudge's "death rattle" or "meoww!" came through though....thankfully. What happened for the two calls you got Jolly Doll?

Nothing. First time I answered and got the dial tone, second time I ignored it. Didn't happen the third playthrough.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-04-02
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Jolly Doll wrote:
Serasia wrote:
Jolly Doll wrote:
Just curious, has anyone else had the phone in the hotel room ring? Happened to me twice. I think it was triggered because I went back to the hotel after leaving.

I think I have, but just once, and I can't remember what happened or what was said. I should keep a game journal of events so I don't forget.

I know that nothing like the Grudge's "death rattle" or "meoww!" came through though....thankfully. What happened for the two calls you got Jolly Doll?

Nothing. First time I answered and got the dial tone, second time I ignored it. Didn't happen the third playthrough.

Same happened to me Surprised.
Back to top Go down
crislink



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Mon May 17, 2010 6:27 pm

i played the whole game with my girlfriend

i must admit - this is the only kind of horror that somewhat scares me, i dunno if because its japanese references to their superstitions or legends, but it's not like monsters, zombies etc...
i played a bunch of games with a gun and a torch in the worst places (like condemned, resident evil series, left4dead, dead space, doom3 quake4 etc...) but i never got very scaried (in alert but not scaried)

but i must admit - the girl in red dress was frightening
we saw her the first time only at the school with makoto (the eye graffiti). in that moment i never would have imagined that another ghost (but seems not, she looks like a zombie) would came out ... just red eyes flash and a big scary. and the other times we saw her i had a goose-flash because the way she looks at you is very very disturbing
and also the whole hotel room is full of creepy moments

crislink from italy
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat


Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 pm

crislink wrote:


but i must admit - the girl in red dress was frightening
we saw her the first time only at the school with makoto (the eye graffiti). in that moment i never would have imagined that another ghost (but seems not, she looks like a zombie) would came out ... just red eyes flash and a big scary. and the other times we saw her i had a goose-flash because the way she looks at you is very very disturbing
and also the whole hotel room is full of creepy moments

crislink from italy

I seen all the Woman in Red encounter but this is the only that actually got to me. Something about that encounter really unnerved me. Got to love the Woman in Red.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
slyjak
Black Cat


Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:31 pm

The barber woman when she comes after you with scissors was scary, and when she doesn't leave you alone for a while even when you shut the door. Also when you look outside and see the scissors stabbed into them were pretty darn freaky.

The girl in red's final 2 encounters were also the creepiest of hers. You're just looking around and she pops out.
Back to top Go down
Grudgie_In_Red_Dress
Black Kitten


Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Geek Room

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:53 pm

one moust admit though, there was ONE girl in red moment that was pretty sweet...in the hospital basement as makoto at the end of the hallway she looks at u and slowly walks away... <3

i think of the titanic song as that moment is happening... <3
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:05 pm

I just had a new disturbing moment. Well moments.

Both times were almost the same, though. It was in the school as Rin in her first chapter, after I got the key to the janitor's office and was going upstairs. I thought it was Sadao but he disappeared before I could get a good look at him. I think I was walking upstairs to the third or fourth floor that time.

The second time was when I was going to the fourth floor after I got the text message of the ruined door from Kuroneko, and after Shin transported away. I saw a high school girl standing in the same spot as the man, and she was either the leader of the three high school girls, or the high school girl with the gray and blue uniform (the one you see in the picture on the menu screen desktop and in Calling demo videos).

Her uniform looked darker than usual, so maybe it was the blue and gray uniform girl, but I'm not sure. She was kind of leaning forward, like she was slouching. The man was too. The guy looked more depressed (so maybe it was Sadao), but the girl looked more threatening. I never had that happen before. It was creepy, seeing them just standing there, and it creeped me out the rest of the time I climbed stairs, even though no one was there.
Back to top Go down
GracefulVanity



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Hospital

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am

A bit late to this topic, but a disturbing moment for me was during Makoto's chapter the second time you go into the Salon.

I opened up the locker I got the flashlight from and one of the wig heads was in there staring at me. Even Makoto screamed sdfjlsd Neutral

As well as any the time I dialed a number I just found and a hand came out and killed Rin in the internet cafe.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 am

GracefulVanity wrote:
A bit late to this topic, but a disturbing moment for me was during Makoto's chapter the second time you go into the Salon.

I opened up the locker I got the flashlight from and one of the wig heads was in there staring at me. Even Makoto screamed sdfjlsd Neutral

As well as any the time I dialed a number I just found and a hand came out and killed Rin in the internet cafe.

Ooof....I heard that, in the school, there is a head in one of the tall lockers in the halls but I never was brave enough to go see.

I never got the phone hand killing me. :/ I thought I did once, but I can't remember. Meh. I worry now it'll happen sometimes though. xD
Back to top Go down
GracefulVanity



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 27
Location : Hospital

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 am

Serasia wrote:

Ooof....I heard that, in the school, there is a head in one of the tall lockers in the halls but I never was brave enough to go see.

I never got the phone hand killing me. :/ I thought I did once, but I can't remember. Meh. I worry now it'll happen sometimes though. xD

sdfkjsd;lfk I want to look for that now!

I worry EVERY SINGLE TIME that it'll happen now. Neutral though all the times that people say it will happen...it never happens. I randomly got it when trying to go to the hospital from the Doll House once. I sobbed. It happened like three times until I walked back to the bedroom and saved...despite nothing significant happening otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Phlogiston
Black Kitten


Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Most disturbing moment for me was problably in "The Connection" chapter as Makoto - when you walk past the parking lot door and suddenly something starts crashing/hitting against the door resulting in HUGE dents left on the door.

Another one was the girl in the bathtub in the 2-stories house level.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Same, the girl in the bathtub was just downright creepy. She was there for quite a while too! Then she just sank under.... Aghh >_<

(BTW, I just clicked somewhere random, and I voted on a person's post? The one above me. Wth xD)
Back to top Go down
Sigma



Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 26
Location : Bedroom of the One Story House

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Besides most of the already mentioned creepy moments, one that got me was when I was exploring the hospital for the first time as Rin and after getting the number left on the bed in the hospital room on the second floor I decided to go and explore the 3rd floor to see the faces on the wall and just as I was about to go up the stairs and the fire alarm panel (I think that is what those things with the red light on them are?) began to ring and the red light lit up. This happened for about a minute.

I surprised me and it took me a few seconds to find the source of the ringing. Razz

That and the two encounters with the drowning victim in the Two Story House.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician


Posts : 221
Join date : 2010-04-16
Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:50 pm

GracefulVanity wrote:
Serasia wrote:

Ooof....I heard that, in the school, there is a head in one of the tall lockers in the halls but I never was brave enough to go see.

I never got the phone hand killing me. :/ I thought I did once, but I can't remember. Meh. I worry now it'll happen sometimes though. xD

sdfkjsd;lfk I want to look for that now!

I worry EVERY SINGLE TIME that it'll happen now. Neutral though all the times that people say it will happen...it never happens. I randomly got it when trying to go to the hospital from the Doll House once. I sobbed. It happened like three times until I walked back to the bedroom and saved...despite nothing significant happening otherwise.

I saw a video on Youtube, and the head in the locker might have been in the beauty salon's staff room, and just one of the mannequin heads. It was the second locker from the left, I think.

Yep, that is a fire alarm that was ringing. There's always something new to happen in this game, it's pretty cool.
Do you remember if you were running when you went by it? Or just walking? Sometimes things only happen if you run (and I don't because I'm too scared...lol).
Back to top Go down
Sigma



Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 26
Location : Bedroom of the One Story House

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Serasia wrote:

Yep, that is a fire alarm that was ringing. There's always something new to happen in this game, it's pretty cool.
Do you remember if you were running when you went by it? Or just walking? Sometimes things only happen if you run (and I don't because I'm too scared...lol).

I was running, I run everywhere in the game. Razz I've noticed that there are certain triggers for random events in the game. One I think I've figured out is that staying around to long at the school seems to make the announcements and class bells start playing over the speaker system. That happened a lot the first time I explored the school but I reloaded that save and went through it quickly and never had it happen.

I've also read that screams and heavy breathing can be heard over the school speaker system but I have yet to expiriance it though.

Also as of yesterday I've had the bathroom door close on me in the One Story House/Doll House and lock itself for a few seconds while playing as Rin. It was the the first room I entered (after leaving the bedroom) and I decided to check the bathroom to see if there were anymore hidden ghosts, I entered the bathroom and then turned around to leave only to see the door was closed behind me. I tried opening the door but it only rattled and I got the "The door won't open" message. So I looked around the bathroom for any ghosts and didn't see anything or hear the ghost chime and then when I tried the door again it opened and I wasn't able to lock myself in the bathroom for the rest of my time in the house.

There needs to be a thread on all the little strange things that happen in this game. A scavenger hunt into the Mmemonic Abyss.
Back to top Go down
Niya20
Black Cat


Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Shin Suzutani's room

PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 pm

mine is elevator girl in the hospital or lady red
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Disturbing Moments?   

Back to top Go down
 
Disturbing Moments?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Canadian Heritage moments
» Enticing Moments
» Best ChaCha moments
» TV Show and Movie "Feels" Moments
» Creepy, Unsettling, or Downright Disturbing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum :: Calling :: Calling Wii-
Jump to: