Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Flashlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cinnamon
Administrator

PostSubject: The Flashlight   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Did any of you enjoy the use of the ever-so-handy flashlight? I totally did. I loved it more than Shattered Memories' flashlight, and I can't believe the rise of survival horror/flashlight concepts on the rise.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 am

I loved the flashlight. Though I thought Ju-On: The Grudge was more realistic. I love Flashlight games, I think it's now a trend, as with the 3D movies Smile
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 am

Th flashlight in Ju-On was more realistic yes, but if you put the same concept (batteries) in Calling, it will be more of a 'Rush of the win' game than it was supposed to be (I think). Because now you can play 1 level for hours trying to find everything.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:10 pm

I really like the flashlight. I just posted in another topic about The Calling using themes from other games and movies, and I put there, too, that if there was no flashlight I wouldn't like it. I'd be too scared to keep going and my heart rate would get really high. That brings up something else--the Scare Meter. It seems like it's just a game element, but the way I get scared when it's dark--in the game and real life--it's actually pretty realistic. Being able to see what's around you helps you calm down a lot (but sometimes it just scares you more).

You can even turn off the flashlight to look for tiles--the keys. I don't know how to turn it off, honestly, though I've tried to figure out how. But I'm mostly trying to get all the chapters now and I don't want to be in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I would like the flashlight beam to be a little smaller (not a huge amount), as it could add tension into the 'what's behind that dark corner?' thing.

Cell Phone Technician

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sun May 02, 2010 6:27 am

Simon wrote:
I would like the flashlight beam to be a little smaller (not a huge amount), as it could add tension into the 'what's behind that dark corner?' thing.

That would certainly make it a lot more scary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sun May 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Exactly, and I want it to be incandescent (or something), which would give off a very dull yellow glow.

Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sun May 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Now I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the flashlight (i did!) but I heard from some people who went into an older building at night, they only had their cellphones with them for light. I think that could end up being really creepy. With the cell phone giving off a bluish light and stuff.

But that could make the game more annoying having to hold out your cellphone for light.

Ah it was merely an idea silent
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 am

Keiro wrote:
Now I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the flashlight (i did!) but I heard from some people who went into an older building at night, they only had their cellphones with them for light. I think that could end up being really creepy. With the cell phone giving off a bluish light and stuff.

But that could make the game more annoying having to hold out your cellphone for light.

Ah it was merely an idea silent

That's a really good idea. Maybe you wouldn't have to use the flashlight or the phone all the time; you could switch, depending on which thing was available to use.

Some phones the light stays on as long as the batteries are charged, but some phones (like mine) have lights that turn off after a little bit, so you have to keep shutting and opening it.

A Japanese horror movie I watched once, called Circuit (Kairo), had a scene where a guy was standing in a dark room with a ceiling lamp that kept flicking on and off. There was a ghost in the room, moving towards the camera, and each time the lamp turned off, then back on, the ghost would be closer to the camera. That was really creepy. I almost couldn't watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Mon May 03, 2010 8:05 am

Yeah, that's a great idea Serasia. I remember that part in the movie! That ghost was very scary.

A similar thing happened in the hospital as Rin, involving a surgeon. He appears and seems to be operating on someone, then he gets angry when he sees you, walks towards you... flashlight turns off. Turns back on, he's closer. And repeat. He didn't actually attack though, which was the wierd thing. That was the only time you see him too.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Now I have to see that movie Smile

Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Simon wrote:

I would rly like this 2! But it would also help if as maybe a random event, there actually WAS something behind that dark corner.

and about the docter in the hospital, what chapter was that in? i never experianced that event

mod edit: please do not double post!
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 am

ARMOR15 wrote:
Yeah, that's a great idea Serasia. I remember that part in the movie! That ghost was very scary.

A similar thing happened in the hospital as Rin, involving a surgeon. He appears and seems to be operating on someone, then he gets angry when he sees you, walks towards you... flashlight turns off. Turns back on, he's closer. And repeat. He didn't actually attack though, which was the wierd thing. That was the only time you see him too.

Where was the surgeon ghost (because I never saw him in my playthrough of the game). I did see pictures of "him" on the Calling wiki though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flashlight   

Back to top Go down

The Flashlight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1