The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skipping chapters after completing the story once.

Go down 
+3
Jolly Doll
Cinnamon
starbuttondanii
7 posters
AuthorMessage
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Skipping chapters after completing the story once. Empty
PostSubject: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:29 am

Hi,

Is there a way to skip the chapters you did the first time?
Because I need to do everything again, while I'm just so eager to know what happens to Makoto.
Or is it a bad idea to skip (perhaps new area's with Rin)?
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 am

Do you mean skip as in, playing the game and skipping the scenarios (the ones that you have done) that the game offers you to re-play?

Or do you mean skipping everything selectively?
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

The European version doesn't have the option to skip chapters. There's supposedly new secrets replaying through those chapter but I rushed through since I was more interested in Makoto.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:13 am

The Japanese version also doesn't have the option to do that. Here in the USA, also in Canada, we're lucky

I, too, rushed through re-playing the scenarios. I didn't notice any new secrets.

Is it true that there are two different endings-one good and one bad? I think I only (supposedly) got the 'Good' one. Just curious, though-Rin wakes up and finds the Black Cat doll and hugs it, while crying.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

The bad ending is the ending you get for playing The Lamentation for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you for verifying that.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:08 am

Hmm I meant skipping the ones you already did, but I have a European version (of course) so I can't skip. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:53 pm

I might get the European version (I can run it on my PAL Wii, which I never use).
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Simon wrote:
The Japanese version also doesn't have the option to do that. Here in the USA, also in Canada, we're lucky

I, too, rushed through re-playing the scenarios. I didn't notice any new secrets.

Is it true that there are two different endings-one good and one bad? I think I only (supposedly) got the 'Good' one. Just curious, though-Rin wakes up and finds the Black Cat doll and hugs it, while crying.

When I completed the game (properly, not after finishing the Lamentation Chapter but after finishing the Bond Chapter), when Rin wakes up and hugs the doll, she doesn't appear to be crying to me.

Also, I don't mind if the European/Japanese versions of the game can't skip chapters you've already finished, because if I've missed anything in my first playthrough of that chapter (Girl In Red encounters, phone keys for example) I can get them.

Also, once you've completed the game properly, can you keep on playing through the second half of the game (The Mnemonic Abyss Chapter to the Bond Chapter, with the Possession, Awakening, Return + Wandering Chapters in between) for as long as you like, or do you only get one chance?
Back to top Go down
kuchisakeonna

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:10 pm

This may be a stupid question, but I just beat the Lamentation, and I was wondering: do you restart the game by selecting new game to get the ones where you play as makoto, or is there another way?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001032531557
Blackout

Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I finished the "lamentation" and I selected the last save file. and I continue whith it and I play as makoto now.
Back to top Go down
RinKagura
Black Kitten
RinKagura

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 pm

I have the Canadian version (Cause i live in Canada, lol) so i skipped the chapters, in between, but next time i start a new game, i'm not going to, because you unlock new secrets and stuff, and i think you get some Girl in Red encounters.
Apparently if you don't pick up Reiko's number that Makoto leaves for you, then you get the bad ending, which apparently is Reiko killing Rin, and Rin having to stay in the Mnemonic Abyss with Reiko, forever. I want to try that next time, but i also want to see the good ending again =3 Oh well, looks like i'll have to play 2 more times, then! Lol.
And after the Lamentation, you just click the same file, and you'll be at the next level as Makoto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skipping chapters after completing the story once.   Skipping chapters after completing the story once. Empty

Back to top Go down

Skipping chapters after completing the story once.
Page 1 of 1