The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shin's Death-A Theory

Go down 
+7
GracefulVanity
Grudgie_In_Red_Dress
Rebecca
Serasia
starbuttondanii
Jolly Doll
Cinnamon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:26 pm

And I saw a video with Sadao talking about the Abyss, and he said that memories of people who go there and who are alive can create places they know to show up too. If I remember correctly that's what he said.

But yeah, that does make sense. Makoto found numbers lying around all the time, and so did Rin.

Anyway, Shin has a good memory. I would have had to keep looking back at the phone memo to dial the number xD That's why I made sure I memorized the number when the three schoolgirls were attacking me because you couldn't open the menu to check it. I forgot it now though...I just know the 997 part...that made it easier.
Back to top Go down
GracefulVanity

GracefulVanity

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 am

Perhaps he did in fact wake up in the house first, because he didn't seem at ALL interested in picking up the cell phone at first arrival (likely because he had no idea that it would actually be useful to him in the future) and then Reiko transported him to the school first rather than killing him because he hadn't exactly -done- anything to her directly by then.

Then the school incident happened and he wanted to test out the transporting so he transported back into the house (by magically knowing the number. Or he was a creep and looked it up before Reiko grabbed him. Oh plot holes). Then when he was looking for a phone/phone number to find a way out he was scared by the dolls in the hallway or bedroom...then hid under the bed and was killed.

Near a phone that was useless because if he had called Rin likely would have just answered anyway.

WHO KNOWS. Though I like the other theories I've read here so far.

Sorry this is a bump so late in the game, but I wanted to contribute my thoughts as well despite just joining!
Back to top Go down
MiMc
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:21 am

I belive that it's something along the lines of Simon's post.

For one, we know that Shin was chased by the three schoolgirls. I don't know who saw Shin first, Makoto or Rin, but I do know that eventually he ends up in the Nurses Office.
Rin tells Shin that he can use the cellphone to transport, and we see him dialling a number... Which he probably found in the nurse's office. I mean, if Makoto found the number too, it stands to reason that someone who had been in the office before had put the number for the house there, or left it by accident. Assuming Makoto got there first, he probably picked up the number, wrote it down on his notebook and then dropped it for some reason.

Now, Shin, at some undisclosed time has run into the Nurse's office looking for refuge. When Rin arrives and tells Shin about transporting, he immediatley thinks of the number he found that Makoto left behind, and dials it. If you look carefully at the cinematic, (Or not very cause it's kina obvious), We see Shin getting tossed around, and he falls off the bed.

I see this as very important for a few reasons. First, if I recall correctly you hear a "Thud" noise before Rin goes to look at where Shin was. We could probably assume that he hit the floor BEFORE he transported, or right at the moment of transportation, possibly knocking him out. Second, it would explain him waking up with A. Fuzzy vision and B. Asking where he is, because he had no idea what location he had actually transported to. Finally, we see him waking up sprawled out on a bed, and being confused about the cellphone because Rin didn't tell him that you leave the phone behind, so he assumed he still had the phone he first picked up.

Explaining why he asks all the questions, for one he says "What was that?" most likely because when he turns around it's all of the dolls and the hair that comes out, not a normal ghost, sending him into a panic. If you notice, when he gets attacked by the doll-collector he doesn't ask what "he" was, he just states he's safe and asks what "That" was, most likely referring to the dolls (since Shin doesnt say "He" If I recall correctly).

Finally, we know for a fact Shin died in the house, because that's where his ghost is. From here there's not really any timeline issue, so I guess my legnthy explanation is done ^^;;
Sorry if my post is too long!
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am

If Makoto dropped the number in the nurse's office, then I think it would probably be when the leader schoolgirl ghost made the boxes drop on him from the shelf. He dropped his phone after all, and the schoolgirl ghost picked it up and took it. Then he left the nurse's office to get the phone back and maybe that's when Shin went into the room.

I think that's a good explanation Smile Everything is starting to make a little more sense because of everyone's thoughts on how things happened. It's cool how you guys brainstorm like that. I'm not too good at brainstorming. I can just get ideas because I read what you think happened and then I get new ideas from that. It's fun to talk about stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
MiMc
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 pm

There's another small idea, if shin gets there first, he finds the number and then loses it when he transports. Only problem is wouldn't Rin have seen the paper if Shin had dropped it? XD
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah....maybe it fell under the bed. Or Rin was too freaked out by Shin vanishing to really search for anything. I dunno. Maybe it's just a mystery, one of the many *spooky voice* to add to the endless puzzles of the Mnemonic Abyss.
Back to top Go down
MiMc
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Hehe yeah, but if it fell under the bed how did it move out from under it when Makoto got there? 0-o. Anyways, your probably right, just another mystery of the mnemonic abyss =P
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Maybe Makoto got there before Shin found it and he dropped it when the boxes fell, then Shin got it, and Rin found him and then Shin transported, and Rin didn't see it if it went under the bed. Maybe, that's just event order guessing on my part. Question
Back to top Go down
MiMc
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

The boxes drop before makoto finds the phone number, so it's kindof impossible for that? XP anyways; somehow the phone number got there xD
Back to top Go down
tatagamae
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:43 pm

after playing the game, this is what I can think of

1) Shin started out in school, he couldn't have started anywhere because when he had no idea about transporting until Rin told him (not that he could have done it before either because he was freaking out when he dialed)

2) As I said above he was freaking out, leading him to fall before transport, so he must have landed on the bed (resulting of him fainting is also possible) and lead him to his death (he must be too scared to move anywhere else after being killed by Reiko (scared of playing with Reiko even as a ghost as well by the looks of it xD)

3) Makoto started at the Geek's room, that shouldn't be true to Sadao, since his first notebook we found was at the Saloon so I'm guessing he started there (the one Makoto first read was in real life, leading him to black page)

4) The mysterious phone number appearance, I think that's Sadao's work, when Shin was hiding in the nurse's office he must have found it and wondered about it, when he transported out of there, the number is hidden by Sadao (remember the magazine that led Rin to the internet cafe? the number wasn't there when you play as Makoto). Another similar case is at the saloon, the number didn't appear when you open the refrigerator until you get Sadao's notebook.
Back to top Go down
MiMc
Black Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

=0 another idea: Sadao expects Makoto (gives him the clue) to check the nurses office, but the ghosts chase Makoto. That makes him unable to find the number. While Makoto runs away, Shin runs in there and finds the number that was meant for makoto. Sadao realizes this and puts another one in it's place. I think that ties up the "rin not seeing it" loophole. =P
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 pm

^ That fits in a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
DeathPiccollecter
Shosei High School Student
DeathPiccollecter

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I think that what happened is that Reiko hunts people right? And she chose Shin to kill so Reiko tries to call Shin in the house's cell phone but he didn't answer. So she tried the telephone and then the phone rang and Shin answered it and she said "Gotcha..." Yeah and then Reiko kills Shin and yeah that's all.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://yamisamurai24.deviantart.com
KiiraChaan
Black Cat
KiiraChaan

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:35 pm

if you think about it the way the story line is could be correct but it could be wrong too because he could have started in the house he could have started in the school i guess what Hudson is basically saying is that they might what you to think what you want like a brain twister or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Death-A Theory   Shin's Death-A Theory - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin's Death-A Theory
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2