The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ghost Debate

Go down 
+13
Quasar152
ToshiroEnzeru
Phlogiston
Aqua
Charlotte Butterfly
Asher
Butterfly
Serasia
Rebecca
Yoyoenix91
starbuttondanii
Jolly Doll
Cinnamon
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes
The Ghost Debate Vote_lcap96%The Ghost Debate Vote_rcap
 96% [ 24 ]
No
The Ghost Debate Vote_lcap4%The Ghost Debate Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:56 pm

So, many people believe that there are no ghosts or paranormal things in this world. Others don't think so.

The question is, do you believe in ghosts or not? Make sure to answer the poll Smile
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Yes I do believe there are ghosts but that's down to my own experiences. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

With the haunted doll and such?
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:05 pm

I don't think the doll is haunted, I'm sure there is a logical explanation for that. The 'and such' I may make a post about one day, if I feel like it. Maybe. Depends.

Yes, that's the reason.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:01 am

Maybe, you should videotape that doll while you are sleeping, you might see something.. Disturbing.. Anyway keep us updated about anything with the doll. ^^
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 am

I prefer to ignore the doll and hope it doesn't kill me in the middle of the night. Very Happy

Still thinking there is a logical explanation for the movement. It hasn't moved since I was high school anyway.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Have you heard that one urban legend about a man who decides to record himself at night (to see if he snores), and then he hears his door open, and he doesn't hear it close until right before he wakes up?

Scary. But I, personally, wouldn't record the doll. I would either burn it, or put it in the Thrift Store (GoodWill, LOL). There are a lot of stories about haunted dolls on the internet, like the Devil Baby of New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

I've heard that urban legend before but slightly different. What I heard was that he was musician and for his next piece he wanted to record the sounds of the night away from the city. So he heads as far away from the city as possible, stays in a cabin and records each night of his stay. When he listens to the recording he hears himself breathing, animals and a car alarm. A few into the recording he hears the bedroom door open.

I love creepy pasta. Very Happy

I always like the story of the doll that climbs a step each night and eventually kill it's owner.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Creepy Pasta is awesome! I just submitted a story there, it's called "The Man with the Long Neck", and if it's accepted, I'l feel very warm inside Smile

That story was scary, I remember reading it.
Back to top Go down
Yoyoenix91
Black Cat
Yoyoenix91

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:46 am

I'm not exactly sure what I believe, but I do blieve that there are things human beings have yet to understand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/yoyoenix91
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:25 pm

So much interesting things going on that us people aren't aware of.
Back to top Go down
Yoyoenix91
Black Cat
Yoyoenix91

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:02 pm

I have a friend who largely believes that all things mystical and magical might have had, or still have some basis in the today's society. Big fan of the Kitsune, he is. I'm also convinced his house, for being a new, modern home, is haunted. I feel... at an unease, whenever I'm in his kitchen. I constantly look outside his window, up at his neighbor's roof... I just feel like something is watching me, all the time. ._.;
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Black Cat
Rebecca

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I feel like that in my friend's house all the time!
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Simon wrote:
Creepy Pasta is awesome! I just submitted a story there, it's called "The Man with the Long Neck", and if it's accepted, I'l feel very warm inside Smile

That story was scary, I remember reading it.

I haven't heard of Creepy Pasta, I think I'll check it out though.

The Man With the Long Neck? There is a monster in Japanese mythology that can stretch his/her neck out to really long distances and only comes out at night. It's called Rokuro Kubi. Rokuro Kubi's mostly a prankster but some Rokuro Kubi are dangerous, and there's a monster that detaches its head and the head flies around attacking people at night.

Whenever I babysit my parents' friend's kid, I normally don't like going in the basement. It gives me a creepy feeling. Maybe because there was a spider on the stairs there once, or just because it's a basement, or because I'm not used to being in the house even if I babysit there a lot. I think I'm right in saying that basements freak a lot of people out just because they're dark or cold or something. :/ But I feel randomly nervous in places like the kitchen and entrance area, for some reason. I also worry some weird person will come to the house. I would be a super-protective and worried parent, I think.

Yoyoenix91 wrote:
I have a friend who largely believes that all things mystical and magical might have had, or still have some basis in the today's society. Big fan of the Kitsune, he is. I'm also convinced his house, for being a new, modern home, is haunted. I feel... at an unease, whenever I'm in his kitchen. I constantly look outside his window, up at his neighbor's roof... I just feel like something is watching me, all the time. ._.;

I love Kitsune! Especially Inari the fox god cat I just did a presentation in my Japanese culture class about Japanese monsters, and I talked about foxes. In that same class, one of my classmates did a presentation on Japanese dolls and he used The Calling (he downloaded Japanese version and I'm envious lol) for an example of Japanese dolls. Yesterday, I snuck into a classroom that had another Japanese class, and he was showing The Calling again. I was sitting in the hall waiting for my class and I heard Shin's cell phone ringing and recognized it so I went in. Both of the Japanese teachers said the game was really good practice for Japanese. Sorry for my really long post!

Last edited by Serasia on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a quote and information)
Back to top Go down
Yoyoenix91
Black Cat
Yoyoenix91

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 am

Oh wow, that sounds interesting. D8
If it was a Powerpoint, do you mind if I take a look at it? 83
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:15 am

I don't mind Smile It's a powerpoint....but how can I show it to you? Is there a place for uploading powerpoint? Or does it just count as a big file?
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am

Megaupload will let you upload it for free.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks Simon Smile I uploaded it there, and here's the link, if anyone wants to check it out. It's Japanese Obake (Monsters) with some popular Japanese monsters.

My friend in the culture clas told me about a monster I didn't know about, one called Makura Gaeshi (Pillow Returner/Pillow Mover). When they're sleeping, the monster moves people's pillows around and then moves them back.
Let me know if the link downloading works.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:15 am

Very cool and informative! Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Sure Smile Glad you liked it, and thanks for telling me about the Megaupload.
I like learning about those kind of monsters and legends. I'm glad I decided to suggest a topic instead of just picking one from the list.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I love the front cover part Smile
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Thank you! ^_^ I like that part too.
There are a lot more Japanese monsters; if you want to find out about more there's a site called The Obakemono Project.
Back to top Go down
Asher
Black Cat
Asher

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:27 pm

I believe in ghosts, but I hope to God I never meet one, because I'm also a believer in "if you see a ghost, it's for a reason, and you should follow it".

I don't know if I 'd be able to follow through on that one. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Butterfly
Black Cat
Charlotte Butterfly

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks for the powerpoint Serasia =D it was really helpfull!
I don't know if I believe or not... I never actually "saw" one. But I don't think that just because I have doubts I shouldn't pay respect to it. My mom always though me that if I don't know, fine, if I don't believe, fine, but I always should respect that which is unknown to me.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:03 pm

@Charlotte

I love your avatar! And it was a great powerpoint :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ghost Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghost Debate   The Ghost Debate Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ghost Debate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum :: Off Topic :: Mnemonic Abyss-
Jump to: