The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas

Go down 
+14
Quasar152
A-Rand
Suzume
Cecelia
Phlogiston
tatagamae
Charlotte Butterfly
Keiro
Serasia
Rebecca
Butterfly
PSuzuki
starbuttondanii
Cinnamon
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Ideas   Ideas EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:44 am

What are your ideas for a sequel? I definitely think that they should keep some of the past gameplay elements. Hire a new voice actor, and add a few more characters with a different storyline. Maybe they should even include a few defense weapons. Your ideas?

Last edited by Simon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 am

I agree on the new voice actor, characters and storyline.
The lack of defense weapons was what made the game more scary in my opinion, because you know you can't do anything to 'scare them off'.
I hope they keep Rin in the sequel tho, it was fun playing with her because of her behavior (in the cut-scene's).
Perhaps a Library area, dead silence with books falling random.
The cat was a good feature to, so I hope they keep him in the game, but maybe a bigger 'role' in following or him attacking.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Rin should be in the sequel. I think she needs a little more characterization, but her in the new game could be great Smile

Regardless, I want a new story. Maybe surrounding the deaths of orphans in a house fire, then diving into the conspiracy of the caretakers and diving a lot into the Mnemonic Abyss and technology.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 am

That idea is really good. Smile
I like the orphans house/conspiracy already Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Heh, thanks. So does anybody else have an idea or two?
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

The sequel should have Rin be mentioned in stuff like clippings & articles, but not necessarily as a physical appearance.

The cell phone's camera would allow for more than just sending pictures to the Wii; it could unlock hidden features, or reveal other clues to puzzles.

I would LIKE to have the phone be able to be dialed while moving.
Spoiler:

I would also LIKE an option to switch between first and third-person views if needed: make it so that stuff can only be picked up and/or inspected in first-person, but also allow for a view that does not require constantly holding the Wiimote constantly forward while moving.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I like your ideas, but I disagree with your move while dialing thing. It's what makes the player feel tense during situations like that.
Back to top Go down

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I agree, I don't think it'll make it easier to dodge the ghosts while dialing. You'd probably still move at a walking pace.

I just thought of this not too long ago: Cell phone charms (the things you can attach to your phone) could be significant, like grant that cell phone special attributes. Like for instance, a Black Cat Cell Phone Charm will allow the player to see a black cat which guides them on where to go next (like it already does). Otherwise, players won't see it. And maybe a Paper Lantern Cell Phone Charm will make the flashlight beam brighter.

Kind of a rough idea, but it's something : P
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Well, I thought at least moving while pushing buttons on the phone would be better than yelling "DAMNIT!" when the ghost would interrupt me, just as I was finishing the number forcing me to start over, but anyway...

ARMOR15 wrote:

I just thought of this not too long ago: Cell phone charms (the things you can attach to your phone) could be significant, like grant that cell phone special attributes.

You leave your phone behind when you transport, so something like that would only work if either the charms carried over without the phone, or if only for individual phones in each location. Maybe have them be a collectable side-quest?

>>>

Anyway, I thought up a couple other things that I think would work for a sequel.

- Have a situation where the character finds an envelope with an unmarked DVD disk, and they have to find a working DVD player to use it in. When they do, the video shows haunting images like out of "The Ring" that do not make much sense, but when finished and the DVD is removed there is now a phone number written on the disk in red.

- Have the "Armed Warrior Mako" franchise appear in several different places, not prominently, but like in more than one area. Have a scene where a volume of the 'light-novel' set is missing from a shelved collection somewhere, and when the missing volume is placed, the shelve collapses revealing a hidden note/memo/clue on the floor. Something like that.

- Have optional explorable areas, that can be found by hidden phone numbers that are written in places like on bathroom-stall walls, or as scribbles written in the margins of books. They would not be necessary to the main storyline, but would reveal hidden memos, and items.

- Have a scene on an abandoned (and haunted) subway train, where the reflection shows the "real" world, with people getting on & off, but the player's character is still all alone on the train.

Just some things I thought up.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 am

My own idea!

The game takes place nine years after the events of the first game, and now Rin is teaching at the school. She meets a student, Violet, who doesn't talk at all. Rin finds that Violet is connected to the Mnemonic Abyss, and can travel at certain times without the use of a portal. Violet was given the 'gift' by the girl in red, who has the black cat following her around.

Though I don't know how it would work, it's a nice introduction. Dont you think Razz?
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 am

Awesome idea.

Anyways, a little add one:
-For the PS3's Motion Sensing Controllers
-HD, bitches!
-Same amount of characters
-More locations
-More ghosts
-More items
-Better storyline and plot, with a bunch of mini plots like Fatal Frame
-Better voice acting
-Scarier fright encounters
-Better soundtrack
-More playability
-More Girl in Red
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 am

Simon wrote:
Awesome idea.

Anyways, a little add one:
-For the PS3's Motion Sensing Controllers
-HD, bitches!
-Same amount of characters
-More locations
-More ghosts
-More items
-Better storyline and plot, with a bunch of mini plots like Fatal Frame
-Better voice acting
-Scarier fright encounters
-Better soundtrack
-More playability
-More Girl in Red

Like them all to be honest.
But how about, difficulty levels, like add extra things like batteries on harder difficulties, make ghosts harder to 'shake of' on higher difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:01 pm

That's awesome as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Cell Phone charms sounds awesome. There could be some use to them, like warding off ghosts and keeping your health up without the flashlight on.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Black Cat
Rebecca

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Ooooh interesting! Anyways, the newer game has to have good voice actors and be in HD.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:35 pm

All of your ideas are great! Maybe they'll do a contest where people can enter gameplay ideas. I'd be even more eager to play the sequel if it had elements like the ones everyone said.

How about this? I didn't know if I had ideas, but I just thought of one. Sometime during the game, your phone gets a tracking/radar device that will warn you, maybe by vibrating or lighting up when really dangerous ghosts are nearby so you can avoid them. I mean ghosts like the ones that can kill you instantly upon contact. Maybe your map could show yellow areas where deadly ghosts will come out. Reiko became a deadly ghost like that once, right? When she was walking towards you and everything was red, and the animation was graphite-pencil like? You could only back away slowly from her, not run or anything, I think. It was in "The Lamentation" with Rin.

I think that would be nice if you had more of a chance to avoid really deadly ghosts---or did everyone like there being no warning about deadly ghosts?

Suzuki, I like your haunted train/subway station idea. Has anyone seen "Red Eye"? It's a South Korea movie about a haunted train that is 'cursed' because it got in a crash and everyone died. A young woman working on a present train years later realizes that the ghost train is in limbo with the present train and scary stuff starts happening. So I think that's a great idea. Having real world people showing up would be cool as well, though I bet I'd feel like trying to tap the peoples' shoulders or yell at them so they'd notice I was there. Maybe there is a psychic person in the crowd and you can bring them into the Mnemonic Abyss to help you, maybe by figuring out you can use your phone to transport them there so someone would be able to help you out. Like you could somehow figure out their cell phone number and call it, which brings them to the Mnemonic Abyss. I guess that would be kind of mean to do, though....

Armor15, the cell phone strap idea is good, too. I love straps Smile When you transported, maybe the strap would just magically go back into your inventory and you could put it on another phone. That could make sense. Anything can happen in the Mnemonic Abyss, right?

Last edited by Serasia on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more ideas)
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Black Cat
Rebecca

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 pm

That's a great idea!

Anyways, I want more of the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 am

It would be nice if you could teleport to everywhere you wanted, not just the place you need to go. Kind of.. free roaming (if that's a correct term)?
But it would increase the difficulty as well.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Free roam would be nice. Maybe next time there will be an option in the cell phone to look at the numbers you have, and they'll say where they go to, and so you can just pick whichever place you want to go that way.

If I could go to Chiyo's light hospital whenever, that would be cool. Even though you can still get attacked, it was nice to not be in the dark for a while.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:33 pm

True, and it would also add more playtime, because you can go everywhere, with everyone, and every character has other things to unlock.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 pm

That warning thing sounds really nice!
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 am

We could almost make a game ourself with all the ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:10 am

Thanks! ^.^

Hehe yeah. We're on a roll....we should learn how to make games.

Even if we didn't, making new character profiles and plotlines seems like it'd be fun. And of course talking about what the sequel may be like is fun too.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:13 am

We could try to make a story including character profiles, thus making our own sequel.
Could be fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:10 pm

That would be fun, but I'm more of a straight-forward "Here's your character" approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next