The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone heard of Ku-On?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asher
Black Cat
Asher

Anyone heard of Ku-On? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Am I the only person who's heard of this?

It's a Japanese survival horror game that takes place in the feudal-ish era of Japan, with Lords and such. You play as a priestess called to a manor with a serious ghost problem, but by the time you get there, everyone is dead and has been transformed into vengeful spirits trying to kill you. You can't just leave, however - your sister was called before you, and you can't leave without making sure she's all right.

You fight the demons and spirits with traditional priestess-y weapons - holy stakes and spirit paper. The running around and exploring aspect is very Fatal Frame-esque, making it easy to pick up and play. The atmosphere is excellent, very dark and ominous.

So, anyone else played this gem?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:42 pm

I love Ku-on! My brother randomly bought it one day because it reminded him of Ju-On (obviously), and I played it that same night. I was very interested as it was made by the same company that made the original Clock Tower games for the PlayStation.

I thought it was really good because it was unique from the other survival horror games of that time, and had a scary atmosphere that worked well along with the random spirits that appear for only a split-second sometimes.

Btw, did you ever see that long-haired ghost hanging from the ceiling?!! That freaked me out first time because my brother saw it first, screamed, and then I saw, and screamed xD
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:37 am

Excuse me, but what's Ku-On?

As in, is it good (should I buy it?)
Back to top Go down
Asher
Black Cat
Asher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:52 am

Yep, it's good. ARMOR15 and my posts should be proof enough of that, haha.

ARMOR: I don't know if I've seen that one - I'm currently running around the grounds trying to open the Spring door or something (I can't remember, been busy with work and classes, so I haven't played it for a while). Oh, man, there was one part that I really liked that freaked me out like whoa, but I can't remember what it was anymore! :[ I think it involved a box or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:40 am

Asher wrote:
Yep, it's good. ARMOR15 and my posts should be proof enough of that, haha.

ARMOR: I don't know if I've seen that one - I'm currently running around the grounds trying to open the Spring door or something (I can't remember, been busy with work and classes, so I haven't played it for a while). Oh, man, there was one part that I really liked that freaked me out like whoa, but I can't remember what it was anymore! :[ I think it involved a box or something.

It's kind of near the beginning, I think when you play as Sakuya. I remember it's somewhere in the East of the manor, after talking to your brother (?) or fellow monk. You come out of the room and go back down the hall you came from, and there will be a woman hanging over the edge with long, black hair looking at you. She'll then crawl back up really fast. It's super creepy!
Back to top Go down
DeathPiccollecter
Shosei High School Student
DeathPiccollecter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Ku-on? Is it like Ju-on: The Grudge?
Back to top Go down
http://yamisamurai24.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ku-On?   Anyone heard of Ku-On? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Ku-On?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum :: Off Topic :: Internet Cafe-
Jump to: