The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Calling Scavenger Hunt

Go down 
+8
BelovedOblivion
Jolly Doll
Quasar152
Eriick
Phlogiston
Cinnamon
Niya20
Sigma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigma

The Calling Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Ok so I've decided to make a list of little oddities and random events found while playing the calling.

What qualifies as a random event for me is something that is not scripted in like the ghost sightings, cut scenes, certain things falling etc. that occur every time you play the game but rather things that seem to happen, well, randomly. These things may happen regularly, only happen once, or not happen at all in some of your games.

As for an oddity, those are just things such as strange things in the scenery like blood stains on the floor etc.

Feel free to add your expiriances. Just be sure to put where it happened and what you think might have triggered the event.

-Geek Room

-School
Sound of Glass Breaking (Regular occurance through out School, playing as Rin)
Echo of something hitting the ground? (Regular occurance through out School, playing as Rin)

School bell over intercom (Seems to start after wandering around for too long after the cutscene with the school bell chime on the 2nd floor while playing as Rin)
Woman speaking over intercom (Seems to start after wandering around for too long after the cutscene with the school bell chime on the 2nd floor while playing as Rin)
Ghost on the Stairs (Appears at random while going up and down the stairs before loading a floor. Starts around right after you get the Computer room key on the 1st floor)
Appears the school is in a state of decay. Possibly in the process of remodeling or demolishing the school? Hence the piles of desks and chairs in the halls and some crates and boxes lying around?
All the wall clocks in the classrooms are stopped on 10:09, the Principal's office is stopped on 12:03, Janitor's Office 2:20
A male voice speaking over intercom (Seems to start after wandering around too long after the cutscene with the school bell chime on the 2nd floor while playing as Rin in the second playthrough)

-Hospital
Wall mounted fire alarm in the hall way going off (Happened when running past it on the 1st floor prior to going up the stairs)

-Hair Salon
Whispering heard in the Front area of the Salon (Happens after wandering around the front area for too long after the lights go out)
Dried blood stains on the floor around some of the barber chairs, possibly more hints that the hair stylist had a more sinister side to her.
There are a few broken windows in the Hair Salon, I have no idea why.

-One Story House
Playing as Rin, entering the bathroom might cause the door to shut behind you and lock for about 15 seconds (Happened when playing as Rin and entering the bathroom for the first time, I couldn't get it to happen again after that)
On "The Remnants" as Makoto, in the storage room on the wall to the left of the unopenable sliding doors is a sheet of un-used door paneling propped up against the wall which looks like it has a face on it. On the right wall are two hand prints. Actually if you look at all the walls around the storage room you can see face like cracks and blemishes in the walls.
Once again the bathroom (I sure have the luck with that bathroom) while opening the bathroom door to get Sadao's Note the Wii-mote shook like there was an earthquake happening, I couldn't get it to happen again, maybe a glitch in the game, maybe not?
While standing near the windows in the hall you can hear the "wind" from outside. Apparently the Abyss has weather?

-Two Story House

-Internet Cafe
Not really an oddity or event but I might as well note= Either the guy who died in the cafe was trying to learn how to make dolls for profit or was doing something disturbing, let us hope the former is the answer.

-Motel Room
A faint image of a face with what looks like a handprint below it on the upper right side of the mirror on the makeup stand.

Last edited by Sigma on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Niya20
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

well for the school i know another one and thats the shadow

As soon as you start running in the school( I think it was as Rin) the shadow may randomly pass by doesn't always happen as far as i know
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am

Stickied Cool This is some pretty interesting information.

School and Hospital Areas
-Most likely, faces will appear to emerge and sink back into walls (really freaky once you start to notice it).
Back to top Go down
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Good work! I updated the list some, blah exploring the school is getting boring I was expecting a lot to happen on the second play through with it.

The guy who wrote the Calling FAQ on Gamefaqs apparently had wailing, a man breathing heavily, and crying happen over the intercom system in his playthrough of the school. I haven't had this happen to me yet and I'm trying to confirm it.
Back to top Go down
Phlogiston
Black Kitten
Phlogiston

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 pm

I've experienced the man breathing heavily in one of the corridors in my second playthrough as Makoto.
I believe you can hear it as soon as you wander around the corridor you start on when coming out from the girl's bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:39 pm

On playing "The Remnants" as Makoto, after visiting the Library and getting that recording, in front of the principal's office there is a very fain and strange mumbling noise. You have to put the Wii-mote up to the ear to hear it maybe its Shin? Or the 3 highschool girls talking off in the distance?
Back to top Go down
Eriick
Black Cat
Eriick

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:14 am

When I was walking in school as Makoto, I heard wispering out the controller. Maybe it was Sadao?

And I like the smashed door when you are with Makoto in the Basement.
Back to top Go down
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Updated, added some things to the one story house and hair salon. I'm going to have to create a special save file and try to trigger those other two intercom noises at the school after I beat the game.
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Here's one you may know or may not know...

In the first chapter (The Possession) after being attacked by the first ghost, instead of going to the doll room where you see Chiyo on the other side of the wall. Go back to the bedroom. After a few seconds you will get a brief phone call from the doll creator and then suddenly tons of dolls start appearing on the bed.

Sorry, there's another one which I forgot about...

There's one clock in the game somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) where the clock has convientienly stopped at 4:44. I believe 4 is an unlucky number in Japan.

Double post edited.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Yes, isn't it because 4 is pronounced as "death" in the same way? Kind of creepy.

And the doll one-I have to try that! I've got a lot of extra time and I'm ready to replay Smile
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 am

It's been a while since I've played this game so I can't remember if this was with Rin or Makoto. Anyway I was in the internet cafe and had the phone open, facing the wall with poster above the box with doll's parts. A face started coming out of the poster and disappeared when I shut the phone.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

thanks for the reply,

what about after you pick up the two items in the office in the connection chapter whilst playing as makoto and the nurse looks out the door when you leave. you call the required phone number and instead of transporting to the next location a cutscene begins where you see a phone (perhaps your phone) surrounded by shadows then a hand shoots out and strangles you, killing you in the process. does this count as one?
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

I'm in the internet cafe now, so I'll try it.

I deleted my save file because I missed some of the GIR encounters
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:14 pm

when playing the return chapter, on the ground floor, has anybody had the wheelchair near the surgery department room move towards you. it might just be the way I as walking, though
Back to top Go down
Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm

I made a mistake on my game and after the 3rd GIR encounter and I finished/saved the mission I made the mistake of turning my wii off while the game was still playing and thus I didn't get the 3rd GIR message. Sad So apparently you can screw up the GIR messages which means I won't get the surprise 7th message now... Blah...
----------
Quasar152 wrote:

There's one clock in the game somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) where the clock has convientienly stopped at 4:44. I believe 4 is an unlucky number in Japan.

I think that is in the Hotel room? I'll have to check, if it is then that is one of them I forgot to add.

Quote :
It's been a while since I've played this game so I can't remember if this was with Rin or Makoto. Anyway I was in the internet cafe and had the phone open, facing the wall with poster above the box with doll's parts. A face started coming out of the poster and disappeared when I shut the phone.

Its Rin, I think that is a scripted event, it happens usually after you open the doll parts box and get what is inside. I think it is suppose to be the doll maker's face?

Quote :
when playing the return chapter, on the ground floor, has anybody had the wheelchair near the surgery department room move towards you. it might just be the way I as walking, though

Yes, the wheelchair moves, an IV stand, and I think a hospital bed moves as well, my memory is a bit fuzzy on that though.
Back to top Go down
BelovedOblivion

BelovedOblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:06 am

In the possession, Go to thebathroom first thing. Flush the toiliet once or twice. Keep your eye on the window and a face will appear. If it doesnt happen within a few moments then turn quickly around (do a 360) then you should see it.
Back to top Go down
Quasar152
Black Cat
Quasar152

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:37 pm

is the face that appears in the possession's bathroom window funny or scary, because if it is too scary I don't think I'd want to do it. But then again, I did survive the girl crawling down the stairs in the Wandering, so you know...
Back to top Go down
BelovedOblivion

BelovedOblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:11 am

haha well its less scary then that part. I almost pissed myself a that part (not literally but i got freaked the hell out lol)
Back to top Go down
kuchisakeonna

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Quasar152 wrote:
is the face that appears in the possession's bathroom window funny or scary, because if it is too scary I don't think I'd want to do it. But then again, I did survive the girl crawling down the stairs in the Wandering, so you know...

How do you trigger the girl crawling down the stairs? that sounds cool to see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001032531557
DeathPiccollecter
Shosei High School Student
DeathPiccollecter

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm

You know when you die by ghosts and they send it to your wii yeah those pics, Death Pics they are pics when you die by a ghost in "Calling"
Back to top Go down
http://yamisamurai24.deviantart.com
Makotofangirl27

Location : in an f**ing dark, f**k ing disolent f**ing haunted f**ing school

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:39 pm

In the hospital as rin, one of the curtian for the bed is closed. You constantly see tiny feet pacing around the bed. You can't pull the curtain open.

Anyway, Imma have to replay to get all these now. Also, I'm so sad, hudson was shut down, so no sequel. But who knows, maybe someday another game maker will make the sequel.
Back to top Go down
kaiori-san
Black Cat
kaiori-san

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I played Rin once at the hospital and this happened twice. I entered a room at the hospital (don't remember wich) and I saw a female ghost hitting her head against the window. I have no idea who she is or WHY she's doing that O.o
Back to top Go down
http://interela1000.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Calling Scavenger Hunt   The Calling Scavenger Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

The Calling Scavenger Hunt
Page 1 of 1