The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early Demo Build-On Rails?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Early Demo Build-On Rails? Empty
PostSubject: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Back when the game was first announced, a video demo of a game called 'The Calling' was leaked on the Net. This was an early build of 'Calling' and is on rails.

In my opinion, it looks even better than the final release product. I hope you enjoy, if you haven't seen it Smile

Last edited by Simon on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 am

This looks a lot better.
It would be fun if this was the actual tutorial with Shin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:08 am

*sigh* Yes, it looks better. It's just that the 'On-Rails' thing bugs me, since I theorize that no control=no scares.
Back to top Go down
caragio

caragio

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am

Nah, I don't think this is on-rail. I think it's the same as the final release but with more elements (such as hand grab you from under bed).
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

But the gameplay is very smooth, and if you look more closely, you only really move the flashlight and examine objects/places.

I'll put up another video that shows the on-rails even more, there's a "Gameplay Part 2" segment located in the School.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 am

True it looks pretty on-rails, but if you act stupid, and think you can do this all by yourself, it would be a lot better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Just added the second gameplay trailer, both were leaked. The second one shows the school scenario.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Second one looks nice to, but I don't like the dolls in the school.
This is also on-rail but it looks nice, would be better if you could do it as you like.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I think that the graphics are better than the final release.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 am

Looks better than the original!
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:24 am

Butterfly wrote:
Looks better than the original!

Yes is does, let's hope they will make the sequel like this Smile
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I think it only "looks" like it is on-rails because it is not actually a gameplay demo; it is a concept video of what gameplay would look like with the finished product. The smoothness of the motion is mostly due to it being more likely a 3D animation, than actual gameplay. It would have been nice if they could have incorporated more of those things, especially the moving doll from the first one, into the finished version.

Maybe there were issues with programming limitations in the finished version, that caused them to have to scrap some things that were shown in these demos?
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

That's a very interesting theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 am

In my opinion, I don't like the early version compared to the released game. On-rails isn't as scary as exploring through the darkness yourself, and the next time you play, you'll know when something scary pops up, where to go, etc. It loses a lot of replay value,.

I'm glad that the game is free exploring. And I also agree and think they should've had other things attack you such as the doll. That ending was creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Demo Build-On Rails?   Early Demo Build-On Rails? Empty

Back to top Go down

Early Demo Build-On Rails?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum :: Calling :: Calling Wii-
Jump to: