The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas

Go down 
+14
Quasar152
A-Rand
Suzume
Cecelia
Phlogiston
tatagamae
Charlotte Butterfly
Keiro
Serasia
Rebecca
Butterfly
PSuzuki
starbuttondanii
Cinnamon
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:50 pm

But if you give a character more depth, you'll be able to use their own fear to create a scary situation, which then scares the people playing it
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Aha, now that sounds a lot more exciting Smile

I wouldn't want it to rip off The Sims or Shattered Memories in terms of profiles, though.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:26 am

True, but it will be challenging to make a character's fear one of the most common ones, so that more people will relate to it.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm

I think locations should fit in, as well as the ghosts you encounter.

I think that the ghosts in Calling 2 need to be "upped" up a little Smile. I mean, little clear ghosty creatures aren't scary. Incorporate some blood, and maybe a little more back story, then you can have an original Fatal Frame esque ghost enemy.

I also think that there needs to be boss fights and a sort of weapon (maybe a phone application designed to exorcist ghosts?), though I don't know how that would work out.
Back to top Go down

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I just thought of this one today. I want the game to have us visit places OTHER than The Mnemonic Abyss. Like, the real world and such. In the game, we only had flashbacks and movies of the real world, but we never got to explore it ourselves.

I also think that, should the story take on a new twist, characters are more examined upon and we get to see a glimpse of what their home life is like. Some characters can be distraught, have a bad relationship with their parents, stressed at work, etc. (These can all lead to interesting phone conversations) THEN we can know what kind of person they are like, and then see how they manage in The Mnemonic Abyss.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Relatable characters sound great (not as if that has happened to me, but I'd like a complicated side story).

I would like to see how Rin's home life is.
Back to top Go down
Keiro
Black Cat
Keiro

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:16 pm

I know I would definately enjoy a longer game with more areas to raom around.

Also including the 'real world' makes for an interesting idea. Maybe have a sort of prequel level in which we see the characters lives and reasons why they wanted to check out the black page. With the real world still...Maybe with certain computers you can log in and attempt to communicate with the people in the real world? You could play as one person in the real world and then the next chapter be the person in the abyss. Or you could even communicate with the cell phones and the person in the real world would get a kind of white noise with only a few words audible.

I also think some more in depth ghosts would be interesting. Maybe the character you're playing as meets up with people they knew in the real world. That could make it scarier. Or at least creepy. I mean you're already in such a weird place and then to have people you knew attack you, its a pretty scary idea!

And the straps idea sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

Yeah. Having Shin as a ghost was pretty difficult and shocking, because you kind of have some attachment and don't want to leave them, or fight them off (well maybe not, or else you die), stuff like that. Good ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:56 am

Great idea's Keiro Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:15 pm

For once, I want the main character to die. It could be really pulled off in a great way, like playing/protecting them, and then finally being killed in the end. Of course, this is a reminiscence to Fatal Frame 2's canon ending, where Mayu dies at the hands of Mio.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Black Cat
Rebecca

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:25 pm

That's a nice idea!
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm

If the main character dies, it should be a challenge.
You get the feeling it will be a intense challenge, but you will fail, you might just live longer when doing it correct, the longer you survive, the higher the chance of unlocking secrets.
Back to top Go down
Keiro
Black Cat
Keiro

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Having the main character dying would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:02 am

So do you mean like Rin dying?

She
Spoiler:
And Shin really is a ghost, and I don't know what's going to happen to Makoto. I like him a lot so he better be able to escape the Abyss alive....if he doesn't I'll be kind of mad but I guess I couldn't do much about it...and it's a game.

But a good game. I am really involved with it (as you can see).
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:05 am

If you are emotionally connected to the main character, and feel passionate for them, and then suddenly, WHAM!, they die, that would be a nice touch to the game. Like Fatal Frame 2.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:49 pm

But you need to be careful people don't get connected to much. Some people are bound to be traumatized if that happens.
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:19 pm

I just thought up an idea for a Calling sequel plot.

I decided to go with the "Fatal Frame" route, and use something that has a similar premise, but a mostly unrelated storyline.

Let me know if this sounds good.

>>>

An undisclosed number of years after the events in the first Calling, a new downloadable phone application is now available over the internet, known as EndOfAutumn.

EOA is supposidly a "Ghost Detector" application, that signals when ghosts and other paranormal activity are nearby. Some say it is some kind of a phone virus, causing weird phone calls to come in over their cell phones. Others say it caused them to actually SEE unexplainable things. And there are those that claim it pulls the phone's owner into some kind of ghost world, where they are contacted by the dead.

Because of this, and similarities to a certain website from years ago reported in a now defunct occult magazine, EOA has become known as "The Black App".

Players are not simply bound to the Mnemonic Abyss in this game; the world of the dead begins to affect locations in the living world too. Ghosts appear, phones ring, little clues are mysteriously left in odd places, and a group of 4 characters must solve a mystery concerning why the dead are so intent on contacting the living. People start dying, and not just by having their souls sucked into their phone; actual murders are taking place, and they seem to be connected to those with The Black App on their phones.

A hospital...
A subway...
An abandoned shopping mall...
A haunted school...
Homes... Business offices... A dark forrest...

Somehow this is all connected to mysterious calls that come in during the night.

Calling: The Black App

*ring-ring!* *ring-ring!*
NAME: UNKNOWN
NUMBER: UNKNOWN
"...Please...let me out..."
"...Help me..."
"..."

>>>
Back to top Go down
Keiro
Black Cat
Keiro

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow PSuzuki.....that sounds pretty interesting, lol what am I saying? That sounds freaken awesome!
I know I would so play that if it was a game =D
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:27 pm

That. Is. Incredible! Such a great idea! Especially the forest bit Smile
Back to top Go down

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Brilliant idea! Sounds like the real game pitch or something : D I'm super excited to see how the next game will beeeee
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Me too, if there's a second game. Keep in mind that they only hinted Wink
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:33 am

Well if they don't, there's always fanfiction, hehe :3

Keiro and I were talking about stuff, about how to fight ghosts in the sequel, instead of having to just shake them off all the time. You could make them go away before they catch you. And if there was a microphone feature in the sequel you could beat ghosts by using it. In Japan there's a castle called Himeji Castle where a ghost of a servant is there, and she was killed when she broke a plate that was part of a set. There were ten plates, and she broke one, so her ghost now counts up to nine but can't say ten because the last plate's broken. She'll count to nine, then scream. If a person shouts "Ten!" right after she says nine, then I think she can rest in peace, and her ghost disappears.

It wouldn't be in exactly the same setting, probably, unless they were using old locations like that castle (which would be cool), but that's one way that a microphone could be used. It'd have to be incorporated since there isn't a mike for the Wii for most horror games, but it sounds like a neat thing to make it even more interactive and possibly more scary.

Keiro and I were also talking about the Slit-Mouth Woman, a ghost which could also use a microphone voice recognition thing to make her go away because you'd have to talk to her, too.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Butterfly
Black Cat
Charlotte Butterfly

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:51 am

I have a question here! The abyss was created with the feelings of hatred from Kuroneko right? Do you think she'll be back, or that they'll create a completely new abyss?
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Maybe the Abyss will be created by another PO'ed ghost...like GiR, for example, just because she is all over the place in the game. Did she seem vengeful though? She does have a creepy, kind of annoyed/vengeful look in the hospital basement...

Maybe another Reiko situation will show up with a completely new person.
Maybe we play that person who actually has a reason (some big grudge-y problem, of course, lol Wink ) and creates the Abyss, then maybe they get trapped in the Abyss they created, and after that we start playing another character who gets trapped by that person's grudge thing. We started out playing as Shin, then switched over to a living person, so maybe, but just maybe. Something like that would be neat, I think.

I think the sequel would be good if the producers took unsolved things and ghosts from the first game and expand them more in the second one....one we may all be thinking of is Girl in Red, and that little girl with the black bowler hat that only shows up once and when menu is closed. I actually want to know more about the black hat girl if there is anything to know, does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
tatagamae
Black Kitten

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Here's my idea xD I have no idea if Wii can handle it but I hope it can, otherwise it would be a PS3 title

+ Enabling the game to use YOUR phone via Bluetooth as an option (difference in phone OS software can be download from their website), would really scare the heck out of you up to a point you won't be picking up your phone ever xD.

+ More scary locations (Elevator!! as long as they don't go red on you in there)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas   Ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next