The Black Page - Calling Wii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling (Wii) Fan Community - Currently Closed (10/1/2011)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)

Go down 
+21
lusence
Tigger15
Issac
DeathPiccollecter
Quasar152
Reika_Sasaki
Cecelia
Niya20
Eriick
Naizak
KuronekoReiko1232
Phlogiston
Keiro
Alex_Marr
PSuzuki
Roth
Serasia
caragio
Jolly Doll
starbuttondanii
Cinnamon
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 am

I wonder what happened to Shin tho, he teleported out of the hospital, then he went back to the same place as the first scenario?
And how did he die then..
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 am

I think Shin first woke up in the school, and then died in The Possession (The first scenario played). There was no way he could have survived Reiko's "arms of doom". That's how he appears as a ghost when Rin finally gets to the house.

Last edited by Simon on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:10 am

Shin never went to the hospital, he transported from the school. The Awakening also takes place before The Possesion.
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenhorror.forumotion.com/index.htm
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 am

A typoe, sorry there. I meant school.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:51 am

Simon wrote:
I think Shin first woke up in the school, and then died in The Possession (The first scenario played). There was no way he could have survived Reiko's "arms of doom". That's how he appears as a ghost when Rin finally gets to the house.

But when you start The Possession he is like, 'Where am I? Who's phone is this?'. So if he did go there after the School scenario, why did he ask that to himself? Or he is just paranoia. ^^

And Jolly Doll you're right. Smile
Don't know why I typed hospital instead of school.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

I believe she directed that at me (unless I read wrong). I belive it's just paranoia Wink
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 am

starbuttondanii wrote:

But when you start The Possession he is like, 'Where am I? Who's phone is this?'. So if he did go there after the School scenario, why did he ask that to himself? Or he is just paranoia. ^^

Rin never finished explaining transporting to him before he transported, he might have thought that it would send him back home. He also didn't know that the phone he had would be left behind.

OR

He just wanted to know where he woke up that time. I'd imagine that transporting from one location to another could be quite disorientating.

Simon wrote:
I believe she directed that at me (unless I read wrong). I belive it's just paranoia Wink

Both actually. Hope I didn't give the impression I was being rude, wasn't my intention.
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Jolly Doll wrote:
Both actually. Hope I didn't give the impression I was being rude, wasn't my intention.
Haha I know you weren't, and besides, you were right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 pm

It's okay, no rudeness taken.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

Location : Library...never though I'd say this but...get me out of here!!

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 am

[quote="Jolly Doll"]
Simon wrote:
I suggest 'investigating' the causes of what is making the doll do that, supernatural or not. Would you care to take a picture or two Smile?

Most likely just vibrations, no point in investigating. She hasn't moved for a while.

Here's a photo... hope it works.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aw, she's cute, and pretty. The Japanese dolls are cute too, but I guess everything has the potential to be scary. I think if I stared at the Western doll and Japanese doll long enough I would be scared. But even if I think the doll is cute, when you say the doll moves and stares at you, that is really freaky. O_O

The scariest part of the game for me was when the ghost crawled down the stairs. I thought she was going to kill Rin and I got the biggest adrenaline spike ever. Another time was when I was exploring Reiko's house (upstairs) when suddenly a picture is flung out of nowhere. Scared the crap outta me even if no ghost really showed up.

Then there are the times when I'm walking down the hall, listening to Rin breathing, that get my heart beating. It's the dreading that something will happen. And I can't forget the time where I was in the beauty parlor and I go into the next room, look to my left, and there's a shadow of a person behind the glass. Later it was gone. Screepy! (Scary+Creepy).

ARMOR15 wrote:
I'm only in the Second Scenario now, but the scariest moment for me is recurring.

It seems that at random times when you go to a menu screen and come back into gameplay, a scary image appears and goes away. EVERY TIME that black shadow runs across the screen I SCREAM my lungs out!!

Oh man yes! I know what you are talking about! Girl in a black hat, right? At first, I think I told myself, "Oh, I was holding up my cell phone, and it was just my hand going back to my side," but later I realized. I get so many adrenaline jolts when I see her.

And once I was running in the game and a ghost shadow ran across the screen...honestly, I don't run anymore for fear of that happening.

And the words that you find in the game sometimes are scary. I can read them, I learned how to read Japanese, and they freak me out. I have chills now...hahah.
Sorry for the super-long post! Can I get in trouble for that? I didn't want to double-post so I added this here...hope that was ok.

Last edited by Serasia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a response to another person.)
Back to top Go down
Roth

Roth

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 am

My favorite scary moment was the part in the little house during "The Wandering" scenario when after you come back down from upstairs to answer the phone, when you turn around to walk back up, a ghost comes crawling down in Ju-on The Grudge style and strangles you.

There were a few more good moments but that's the one I remember the most from the top of my head right now.

// Roth
Back to top Go down
starbuttondanii
Cell Phone Technician
starbuttondanii

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 am

Roth wrote:
My favorite scary moment was the part in the little house during "The Wandering" scenario when after you come back down from upstairs to answer the phone, when you turn around to walk back up, a ghost comes crawling down in Ju-on The Grudge style and strangles you.

There were a few more good moments but that's the one I remember the most from the top of my head right now.

// Roth

That was scary to yeah. O.O
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 pm

The Grudge ghost strangles you? I remember that part too, but I didn't get strangled. She just came down the stairs and disappeared.

Or maybe it just didn't happen then. Maybe if I'd have gone back it would have happened. Sometimes I miss things. When you play Chiyo, you can get attacked by the doctor ghost in the hospital when you look at the patient list. I never looked around that much, I was still scared, so I didn't find that part, but I heard about it from AoshimaGamer on Youtube. He does game walkthroughs, including The Calling.

Has anyone approached the vending machine in the hospital cafeteria and gotten caught by a ghost arm? I have once, and now I never go near them anymore.

Also, has anyone gotten sucked into the walls? I get really scared when I'm in the hospital and have to go near a door; because of the Drifter's Notes talking about when two people got sucked into the wall, and then everything turned red, I am afraid I'll get pulled in too.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 pm

I think that was a Girl in Red encounter. Did you receive a red letter in your Wii Message Board afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:57 pm

No, I didn't. Well, actually, I haven't checked the mailbox so I think I may do that later. I have to go to class now, but I will check it out and put what I find here ASAP.

I didn't have any messages from The Red Girl.

I've only read about the red-ness. I thought the "guy who saw red" part was referring to the fear meter when you have been fighting off a ghost for a while, but from what everyone has said, it might have been the Girl in Red.

I'm really curious about the Girl in Red now. I was just reading the Japanese Wiki site and clicked on her section. It seems that when you meet her, she talks to you, or that's the impression I got from the Girl in Red section. Stuff like "Found you", "Our eyes met", "I want to meet you", "We'lll always be together", was written in quotes next to the list of encounters.

Last edited by Serasia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added content)
Back to top Go down
Roth

Roth

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Serasia wrote:
The Grudge ghost strangles you? I remember that part too, but I didn't get strangled. She just came down the stairs and disappeared.

Or maybe it just didn't happen then. Maybe if I'd have gone back it would have happened. Sometimes I miss things..

Actually now that I think about it, I don't really remember being strangled but if anything I would've imagined I did. And if my imagination comes to play, that would definitely bring even more fear to the table.

That's the thing with horror games and movies. The director or creator must find ways for players/viewers to expect the unexpected and bring each person's imagination to life.

// Roth
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 pm

I think she feigns strangling you.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:49 pm

That makes sense, I mean, I do that too. I have incomplete memories of things especially if they were scary or traumatic. Or sometimes I block memories out without knowing if they're too much.

I wasn't angling my vision the right way so I missed seeing the Grudge ghost sinking in the bathtub, so I saw her for the first time on the stairs. I might not have recognized her on the stairs even if I had seen her in the bathtub though. Someone said that the girl in the bathtub maybe looked like the Girl in Red. I didn't see that the Grudge girl was in the bathtub, so I wondered why the ringing scary music was playing.

I'm on the second playthrough of The Calling and I'm even more on edge than before. I think there will be new things that happen. I'm afraid to find things from The Red Girl, but I better if I want to help the site. Smile I just need to remember how to go find the janitor room key. I'm on the third floor now and just found Shin and the flashlight.

Since it's on topic, another scary moment is when the cat first showed up. Its eyes appeared in front of me and I jumped out of my skin. When the cat was leading me one time, I went into the wrong door and fell into the Mnemonic Abyss. ^^;

Last edited by Serasia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added detail to clear things up)
Back to top Go down
Jolly Doll
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:00 am

It seems to the black cat points you the abyss most of the time. The only time it seems to be helpful is with Chiyo and leading Rin to Shin.

Yesterday I was playing as Rin in the Internet Cafe when it was time to transport out of there. I opened the phone, that's when I noticed the ghostly face slowly coming out of the online game poster. I thought it was going to attacked so I closed the phone and nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:35 pm

I wonder why the cat would want to lead you to the Abyss...unless the black cat is connected to Kuroneko (which means 'black cat', but maybe more people than I think here know Japanese). Maybe that black cat is Reiko, and she wants Rin to stay with her in the Mnemonic Abyss, so she led her to it. Maybe the black cat is some manifestation of Reiko, kind of like how some people think The Red Girl is Reiko, but another personality or something.

I'm not looking forward to meeting The Red Girl. A classmate was demonstrating the game in class for a presentation and he showed the part where she peeked over the bathroom stall. His presentation was actually about Japanese dolls, so he showed the Doll-Maker's room, but then he showed The Red Girl scene for fun.

I kind of want to see that part again, though, because I can't remember what she looked like now (I think that's an example of me subconsciously blocking out stuff I didn't want to remember--lol). She had red around her, and her eyes were red, I think, but her body was black. Who here has seen The Red Girl? And, just curious, has anyone seen the ghost of Reiko's mother?

Last edited by Serasia on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to be more clear)
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 am

The scariest moment in the game for me would hands-down have to be when the hospital director...
Spoiler:

I was not expecting that.

The sound of glass breaking while walking around in the school, comes in at a close second. I still jump every other time that happens.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 am

I thought that was kind of a cheap scare rather than an atmospheric/psychological one. Anyway, it made me jump out of my seat.
Back to top Go down
Serasia
Cell Phone Technician
Serasia

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

PSuzuki wrote:
The scariest moment in the game for me would hands-down have to be when the hospital director...
Spoiler:

I was not expecting that.

The sound of glass breaking while walking around in the school, comes in at a close second. I still jump every other time that happens.

I did the same thing. I almost jumped out of my skin. I know I'm going to jump like that when The Girl in Red comes out of the elevator.

But ghosts are pretty cool that they can fold themselves up like that and hide in stuff Smile

The crashing noises and the sound of the character breathing always get me on edge. Sometimes the crashing noises are really close and that makes me more nervous.
Back to top Go down
Cinnamon
Administrator
Cinnamon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:50 pm

PSuzuki wrote:

When was this? I believe I missed it.
Back to top Go down
PSuzuki
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 am

Simon wrote:
PSuzuki wrote:

When was this? I believe I missed it.

How could you miss it? It happens every time I play though the school.

The loudest I heard it was while in the principal's office; I thought maybe one of the pictures had fallen or something. I then checked the trophy case in the hallway, just to be sure, but no, it was just the same glass-breaking noise only louder for some reason.

Seriously, it gets me just about every single time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)   Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest Moment in the Game? (some spoilers!)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next